“Creating a space collaboratively is the best recipe for creating a collaborative space.”
– Scott Doorley, Associate Professor, Stanford University
Did you know?
A well-arranged classroom will encourage creativity, collaboration and communication. And since these are three of the key skills today’s students need, designing a classroom environment with space for more learning interactions will inspire student success. In a book from Stanford’s d.school, Make Space, authors advise readers looking to improve their less than ideal facilities to take small steps, be opportunistic, and make easy changes. In addition, they encourage readers to invite others to participate in the process. This activity calls on students to use their imaginations to design a classroom that inspires them to collaborate, create, and communicate.
- Discuss what makes up students’ ideal learning environment.
- View video.
- Distribute the Student Activity, review directions and complete.
- Share teams’ classroom designs.
- Implement viable changes and see what happens.
Above and Beyond!
The CA Career Café site has been updated with new lessons and resources. Don’t miss the special section for Entrepreneurs. Your students can also download the new CA Career Café App to access café resources from their mobile devices!